marketing & sales: A Winning Attitude
Success in sales, as in all of life, starts by first developing and maintaining an expectant attitude of success. This confident outlook drives top performers to consistently take the actions that lead them to achieve their goals and become successful.
It is their mental attitude that allows them to meet obstacles, setbacks and temporary failures with a new resolve to keep trying, or to try something different, until they succeed. That's what makes them top 20 percent producers.
The other 80 percent expect things to be difficult, have already accepted defeat and are easily discouraged when things don't go their way.
If you are serious about changing your career and your life, then get to work on your mental attitude first. Adopt these five mental attitudes of winners to change your ways of thinking and to permanently change your results.
1. Understand the law. The law of attraction is the most powerful law in terms of your success. Whatever you hold in your consciousness will manifest in your life.
So if you don't like your results, then look at their source (i.e., your thoughts, expectations and beliefs), and work on changing those first.
2. Stop blaming the economy, the leads, sales territory, your boss and your family for your failure. You are completely responsible for your life and your results. Winners accept this. When you accept 100 percent responsibility, you gain access to 100 percent of the solutions.
3. Stop struggling. Success is a physical manifestation of what we hold in our consciousness. The reason most people struggle (and fail) is because they try to achieve something without first changing their mental attitudes.
4. Live life's formula. Most people live under the false belief that if they have a lot of money, then they would do the things that would allow them to be happy. Not true.
The real formula for success is to first "be"—act, feel and live in your mind as if you had already achieved your goal—and then you will naturally do the things (i.e., take the actions) that will enable you to have what you want. This is life's true formula and the sooner you live it, the sooner you'll experience success.
5. Stop worrying. If you constantly worry about not having enough money, you will never have enough money. If instead you develop a money consciousness, then you will attract all the money you need.
Carefully monitor your thoughts right before you fall asleep and when you wake up. Then ask yourself, "What am I asking from the universe every single day?" Chances are, what you are dwelling on has already shown up in your life.
Did these five mental attitudes of winners resonate with you? The key is to understand and use them purposefully to achieve the results you want. Once you do, you will manifest success just like the top 20 percent.
By Mike Brooks
Brooks is the founder and principal of Mr. Inside Sales, a Los Angeles-based inside sales consulting and training firm. He is the best-selling author of, "The Real Secrets of the Top 20%," a book on how to double your income selling over the phone, and also publishes an internationally acclaimed weekly Ezine called, "Secrets of the Top 20%." Brooks works as an executive coach and sales trainer teaching the skills, techniques and habits of top 20 percent sales performance. He specializes in working with business owners who have under-performing outbound or inbound inside sales teams either business-to-business or business to consumer. For more information, visit www.MrInsideSales.com.