Appleton Coated Honored with ADDY Award
The American Advertising Federation (AAF) ADDY® Awards honored several of Appleton Coated's educational and promotional pieces.
The company's entries earned the Judge's Choice Award at the local and district levels, plus silver and gold at the District level, as well as three gold and two silver awards at the local level. Appleton Coated's materials also were recognized with awards from AIGA Minnesota, International Academy of the Visual Arts and Printing Industries Wisconsin.
AAF Fox River Ad Club http://www.aaffoxriver.org/node/49/> is one of the 120 local AAF member clubs from whose ADDY Gold awards advance to the regional District competition. Appleton Coated's "U2 Throwdown - Battle of the Finishes" entry was judged as a Gold award at both the local level and in District 8.
With more than 50,000 annual entries, the ADDY Awards are considered the world's largest and one of the most competitive advertising award programs. Sponsored by the AAF, it is the only creative awards program administered by the advertising industry for the industry. Recognizing creative excellence, the ADDY Awards praise the best advertising of all types, sizes and levels.
All of Appleton Coated's winning entries were printed using the Curious Collection and the Utopia brand of premium coated papers. Each was designed by The Thorburn Group of Minneapolis and include:
• "Curious Swatchbook" inviting designers to explore the full offering of Curious Metallics, Translucents, Touch, Particles and Skin Curious Collection - local Silver
• "Utopia Swatchbook" organizing its six distinctive lines of paper by grade level and environmental attributes and uniting these under the theme of the perfect pairing - local Silver
• "Green Outlook 2010" sharing up-to-the moment trends, opportunities and statistics for effectively communicating with consumers who identify with the green lifestyle - local Gold
• "ROI" revealing five new I's in ROI: Inspiration, Impact, Interaction, Involvement and Integration - local Gold, District 8 Silver winner
• "U2 Throwdown - Battle of the Finishes" demonstrating the attributes that make each finish ideal for certain types of imagery and printing applications on Utopia Two (U2) and U2:XG - local Gold, District 8 Gold winner, as well as both the local and District 8 Judge's Choice Award
"Curious Swatchbook," "Utopia Swatchbook," "ROI" and "U2 Throwdown," along with Appleton Coated's "Print with Purpose" and "U360 2010 Showbook," each won the highest honor - an Award of Excellence - from the International Academy of the Visual Arts (IAVA).
To request samples of Appleton Coated's award-winning materials, visit www.curiouspapers.com.