King Printing Solutions, New Tazewell, Tenn., has expanded its capabilities in security documents, now offering more than 30 security feature options in printed products.
The company calls its products KingSafe and incorporates security elements into printed materials ranging from checks to official state documents.
“You can tailor the security level to the risk and threat potential as needed,” said Jim King, president of King Printing Solutions.
KingSafe security features include:
- A spectrum of Security Papers, with features including visible fibers in different colors, invisible fibers that are only seen under special light, Securlaser bonding that prevents printing from being scraped off and altered, true watermarks engineered into the paper, chemical reactions that cause colors and marks to appear if paper is chemically altered, and magnetic ink compatibility.
- Special Security Inks that change color when rubbed with a metal object, penetrate the paper to imitate watermarks, glow under ultraviolet light or change color with temperature. They can also resist photocopying or digital recreation.
- Pantograph Screens are printed into the background of a document. They may say words like “VOID” or feature multicolors that make it almost impossible to photocopy.
- Microprint, or very small text can only be read by magnification Microprint is readable under magnification and becomes a solid line if copied or scanned. Microprint is commonly used for borders and signature lines.
- Magnetic Ink Character Recognition (MICR). This technology makes print soak through the paper and appear in a different color on the back side of the document. This is very difficult to duplicate.
- Security Screens. A light screen with the words “Original Document” that make duplication difficult.
- Padlock Icon. Used with negotiable documents, indicating that two or more security features have been used. An explanation of features appears on the back of the document in the padlock box.
- Warning Bands, a border that indicates the security features being used and how to detect them. It shows document handlers what should be checked to show authenticity.
- Anti-Splice Backers, which prevent cut-and-paste between documents.
- Blockouts, solids or dense patterns that prevent readability of certain information.
- Image-friendly Boxes, which allow scanning in certain areas of documents for Check 21 or other compliance.
- Eurion Constellation Patterns, which cause a copy of any document to print black.
- Secure Distribution. Specialty papers and printed documents are kept secure during shipping and storage.
For more information, visit www.kingprintingsolutions.com.
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Print+Promo. The views expressed within do not directly reflect the thoughts or opinions of Print+Promo.