Print Buyer Boot Camp
Print Buyers International (PBI), Chestnut Hill, Mass., is offering its newly developed Print Buyer Boot Camp the day before the 2nd Annual Print Buyers Conference, taking place Nov. 7 and 8 at the Westford Regency Inn & Conference Center, Westford, Mass. Since the Nov. 6 Boot Camp was just added to the agenda, the early bird deadline for registration has been extended to Oct. 19.
The value-packed program takes place from 1:00 to 5:00 pm, and is designed to aid newer print and media buyers in the basics. Boot Camp instructors will be Frank Romano, industry expert and Emeritus Professor at RIT, and Margie Dana, founder of PBI and former print buyer.
The half-day program was specially created to serve print buyers, graphic designers, purchasing agents, corporate communications employees, account executives in advertising agencies and marketing professionals whose responsibilities include the procurement of printing. The 12-topic program will cover the following:
• Common printing processes
• Digital printing – what it is and when to consider it
• Developing good job specs
• Buyer’s responsibility vs. the printer’s
• Buying print today—where to start
• What every new buyer should know about paper
• Learning the language of printing
• How to choose the right printer
• How to work with printers and still keep your cool
• Best buyer resources
• File problems and how to deal with them
• What drives prices up—and how to keep costs down
Print Buyer Boot Camp attendees will receive numerous handouts and learning tools, and graduates will be armed with professional insights that normally take years to master.
For those already registered to attend the Print Buyers International Conference, the Print Buyer Boot Camp is included in their conference package. The fee for those who wish to attend only the Boot Camp program is $99, and online registration is required.