Promotional Products Primer
Everybody loves free stuff and what better way to give the people what they want than via a promotional product.
But, it's not just about getting all the swag you can carry. A product—whether it be a mug, bag or t-shirt—also gives a business a chance to establish its brand, promote products and services, reinforce logos, thank loyal customers and employees, and, most importantly, it's a moneymaker.
The numbers speak for themselves. Last year, the promotional products industry reported more than $18 billion in sales, according to Promotional Products Association International. Print Professional's top 100 distributors accounted for $343.2 million, a slight hike of about $3 million from the previous year. The following products—courtesy of Promo Marketing magazine—offer a number of ways to establish brand presence and build profits.
Fit to a V
Alstyle Apparel—AAA Junior Sheer Jersey V-neck Tee
• 4.3 oz. 100 percent ring-spun cotton
• Sizes: S to 2XL
Getting the Boot
Neet Feet—Kodiak Boots
• Made with plush faux sheepskin, available in several colors
• Two embroidered panels and a rubber, nonslip sole
Canvassing the World
Carrigar—Canvas/Leather Duffle Bag
• Genuine leather bag with a front pocket, zippered top and brushed nickel hardware
• Size: 22x13x7" with a 3x1" area for embossing or debossing
Selco—Tommy Hilfiger Men's Strap Watch
• Includes Silverstone round case, black strap and silver tone dial
• Water-resistant to 99 degrees
Fit to be Tied
Carlson Craft—Tied with Style
• Ecru, top-fold holiday card