Planting the Seeds for Success
1. Get as much customer service experience as possible, and always, always be courteous and polite, even in the most difficult of circumstances.
2. Learn how to speak in public. This will make you an expert and will propel your career efforts and goals.
3. Build a solid and ethical reputation. Reputation matters.
4. Be careful of what you post on social media—it can and will follow you.
5. Volunteer. Some of my best moments have come from simply giving my time to something greater than me and the life lessons I use in business today, priceless.
6. Don’t be afraid to use all of your talents. Because you work in sales doesn’t mean the creativity you express in art, music, etc., has no place in improving your work.
7. Never dismiss or blow off an acquaintance or business associate—one day that person may come back and be a top client, a liaison to new business, or be in a position to hire you for your big opportunity.