Epson Introduces UV Flatbed Printer for Outdoor Signage, Promotional Goods and More
Epson introduced the SureColor V7000—its first UV flatbed printer designed for printing high-quality outdoor signage, promotional goods and more. Delivering bright, colorful, tactile prints with low graininess and smooth gradation, the ultra-productive SureColor V7000 4x8’ printer brings a new level of image quality, productivity and convenience to print service providers. Capable of printing on a variety of rigid substrates up to 3" thick, the new Epson UV flatbed printer is a flexible, reliable, entry-level flatbed solution.
“The SureColor V7000 was specifically designed to address common pain points of flatbed printer customers—quality, productivity and price—and allow print service providers to expand their business offerings with an affordable solution,” said Matt McCausland, senior product manager, professional imaging, Epson America Inc. “The new UV flatbed printer offers high-end printing technologies, with a unique red ink never before seen in an entry-level flatbed printer and provides an easy and cost-effective option for print shops looking to expand from roll-to-roll printing to flatbed printing.”Featuring 10-color UltraChrome UV Ink, including vivid red ink, gray, opaque white ink and eye-catching varnish, the SureColor V7000 achieves stunning prints on a variety of media. Designed to exceed flatbed printer expectations, the SureColor V7000 can produce color or three-layer prints with little difference in production speeds by leveraging eight MicroPiezo printheads. The printhead alignment has been engineered to deliver variable droplets and accurate placement for bright, colorful, tactile prints with low graininess and smooth gradations. The printhead also includes a new circulation system for white ink to limit sedimentation and preserve printhead nozzle integrity.
Designed with ease-of-use in mind, the SureColor V7000 offers several usability features, including a pin registration system for quick loading and easy media alignment, a multi-zone vacuum system to keep materials securely in place, and automatic thickness adjustment to instantly accommodate media up to 3 inches thick. The SureColor V7000 will include the new Epson Edge Print workflow software featuring an Adobe PostScript 3 engine for layout and print management, color management and seamless workflow integration. Access to the Epson Edge Dashboard provides users with remote oversight and control of their Epson printer fleet.
Epson’s first UV flatbed printer offers several features to deliver image quality and productivity:
- High Image Quality: Produces stunning prints on a variety of media with vibrant, 10-color UltraChrome UV Ink.
- Low Graininess: Eight Epson MicroPiezo printheads feature variable droplet technology for highly accurate prints.
- High Production Speeds: State-of-the-art design delivers outstanding-quality prints at true production speeds, even when using white ink.
- Multi-Vacuum Zones: Four print zones easily hold media in place for increased productivity, accuracy and efficiency. No taping required.
- Media Thickness up to 3”: Printer automatically detects and adjusts to accommodate media up to 3” thick for virtually endless printing possibilities.
- Rigid Printing: Prints directly onto rigid substrates, foam board, wood, acrylic, metal and more.
- Intuitive Software: Allows users to easily control and operate the printer using included Epson Edge Print RIP software.
- Built-in Ionizer: Removes static electricity for enhanced durability and reliability.
- White Ink and Varnish: Allows for rich, high-quality prints on a variety of materials, including wood, metal and glass, print glossy finishes, textures and more.
The Epson SureColor V7000 will be available in January 2021 for under $100,000 (MSRP) through select authorized Epson Professional Imaging resellers. The printer is designed to work exclusively with Epson ink.
For more information, visit www.proimaging.epson.com.
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Print+Promo. The views expressed within do not directly reflect the thoughts or opinions of Print+Promo.