Are your health-care sales ailing? Are your customers clamoring for something new? Remedy the situation with this month’s mystery product, which was submitted for the pressure-sensitive category in the Tag and Label Manufacturers Institute’s 29th annual awards competition, and won a DMIA PEAK Award of Excellence in the workflow improvement category.
Perfect for clinics, universities and hospitals, the product can help reduce errors and lower costs when dispensing prescription medication.
Use the following clues to guess what the product is:
• It is a multi-tasking, pressure-sensitive solution measuring approximately 83⁄4x 17⁄8"".
• It is an all-in-one solution that breaks out into four separate functions.
• It is designed to simplify patient information and pharmacy record-keeping activities.
mystery product revealed
Buffalo, New York-based Avery Dennison presents the Multipurpose Pharmacy Label.
Originally designed for an end-user needing a single, multi-tasking label that would eliminate the need to print various documents, the product featured a carbon form that was problematic to manufacture and posed limitations. For instance, going through thermal transfer printers was difficult, and the carbon paper caused jamming.
Now, the newly redesigned product measures 83⁄4x17⁄8" and utilizes carbonless paper to eliminate printer jams. Once it is printed with variable information regarding the patient, as well as the medication being dispensed, it can be divided into its various sections.
The patented label is designed to include:
• A label for the bottle indicating prescription, patient and facility information
• A log copy featuring carbonless stock on the face and back for recording the patient’s name, date and doctor’s signature
• Four individual small labels for attaching to records, such as the patient’s chart and insurance forms
• A detachable receipt for the patient
The efficient, easy-to-use system not only saves time and money, but prevents errors to bolster patient safety.