Relyco REVLAR 7.7 mil Waterproof Paper Certified for Use on Kodak NexPress Digital Production Color Presses
Dover, New Hampshire-based Relyco, a leading provider of value-added business printing and payment solutions, announced that its REVLAR 7.7 mil waterproof paper has been certified by the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) Printing Applications Laboratory as a qualified substrate for use on Kodak NexPress Digital Production Color Presses. Relyco is showing the REVLAR products at this week's GRAPH EXPO in Chicago.
RIT tested Relyco's REVLAR 7.7 mil. waterproof paper by conducting a number of evaluations to determine the optimum engine dependent settings. Selection criteria for the different settings are based upon: DryInk adhesion, color density, overall image quality, sufficient discharging, and no artifacts such as excessive curl or blistering. RIT found that REVLAR functioned as expected under these evaluation conditions and qualified it for the Kodak NexPress 2100 Plus through the Kodak NexPress SE3600 platforms.
“We are gaining a lot of traction with Kodak NexPress users as this is now our second REVLAR product to receive full certification on the Kodak Nexpress,” said Bruce Steinberg, senior vice president of sales at Relyco. “The superior image quality of the Kodak NexPress platforms combined with our virtually indestructible REVLAR paper delivers a unique, durable solution for thousands of applications that outperforms lamination and is a much more cost-effective alternative.”
Fully laser-compatible REVLAR combines the image quality and printability of standard paper with a durability and resilience unmatched by any other product. REVLAR laser paper is durable and weatherproof as well as impervious to grease and chemicals, and designed to withstand high and low temperature fluctuations. Unlike other papers, REVLAR is made of synthetic materials (polyester) that enable its extreme performance in adverse conditions.
REVLAR Key Features Include:
• Weatherproof: Able to withstand water, heat and temperature variations. Suitable for indoor and outdoor uses. REVLAR gets a seal of approval from the U.S. Navy Seals for its waterproof capabilities.
• Durable: Tear-proof, fade and scuff resistant.
• Multi-Purpose: Grease, solvent, chemical, blood and sweat resistant.
• Invulnerable: Very high melt point of 450° allows for use on wide range of equipment and applications.
• Promotes Workflow Efficiency and Cost-Savings: Eliminates need and cost to laminate with toughness and durability built in.
• Wide Range of Thicknesses Available: 3.7, 4.7, 5.7, 7.7, 10.7 and 13.7 mil.
• Paper-Like Appearance: Durable and tough like polyester with the appearance, smoothness and printability of paper. Available in wide-range of colors.
• Superior Laser Image Quality: Bright white sheets enable high image quality on the finished product.