RRD Announces New Names, CEOs, Board Leadership of Future Independent Companies
RR Donnelley & Sons Company (RRD), Chicago, has announced the appointments of the board leadership and CEOs of LSC Communications, Donnelley Financial Solutions and RR Donnelley & Sons to be effective as of the consummation of the previously announced spinoff transactions, which the company expects to complete in October 2016.
LSC Communications—This will be an approximately $3.5 billion company with more than 20,000 employees worldwide that will serve the needs of publishers, merchandisers and retailers with innovative product, service and technology offerings that combine print, e-services, warehousing, fulfillment and supply chain management to increase speed to market, reduce costs and improve efficiencies.
- Thomas Quinlan III will be chairman and CEO. Quinlan has been RRD’s president and CEO since April 2007. He joined RRD in 2004 and has served in various finance and operations capacities including as CFO. Prior to that time, Quinlan served in various finance positions at World Color Press, Walter Industries, Marsh & McLennan and Kidder Peabody. Quinlan has been a director of RRD since 2007. He holds an MBA from St. John’s University and a BS in Business Administration from Pace University.
- Judith Hamilton will be lead director of the board of directors. Hamilton is the former president and CEO of Classroom Connect, a provider of materials integrating the Internet into the education process. She also served as president and CEO of FirstFloor Software, an Internet software publisher and as CEO of Dataquest, a market research firm for technology. Hamilton has served on many public and private company boards including Novell and Software.com. She has been a director of RRD since 1995 and currently serves as the chair of the Board’s Governance, Responsibility & Technology Committee.
Donnelley Financial Solutions—This will be an approximately $1 billion financial communications, data services and language solutions company with more than 3,000 employees worldwide specializing in producing, distributing and translating documents and electronic communications to support customers in the global capital, compliance and investment markets.
- Daniel Leib will be CEO. Leib has served as RRD’s executive vice president, chief financial officer since May 2011. He joined RRD in 2004 and has served in various capacities in financial management, corporate strategy and investor relations. Prior to that time, Leib served in various financial management, corporate strategy and investor relations positions at The Interpublic Group of Companies, Sears, Roebuck & Company and Dun & Bradstreet Corporation. He started his career as a technology consultant at Andersen Consulting LLP. Leib holds an MBA from New York University and a BS from the University of Illinois.
- Richard Crandall will be chairman of the board of directors. Crandall is the founder and chairman of Enterprise Software Roundtable, a CEO roundtable for the software industry, and as a founding managing director of Arbor Partners, a technology venture capital firm. Crandall also has been a technology advisor to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and a founder of Comshare, a decision support software company, where he served as CEO for 24 years and chairman for three years. Crandall has been involved in leadership roles, including having served as chairman of Giga Information Group, a technology advisory firm and Novell. He currently serves on the boards of Diebold Inc., Pelstar LLC and several tech ventures. Crandall has been a director of RRD since 2012 and currently serves on the board’s governance, responsibility and technology committee.
RR Donnelley & Sons Company—This will be an approximately $7 billion global communications management company with over 42,000 employees worldwide and an unparalleled portfolio of capabilities, experience and scale that helps organizations efficiently execute their multichannel communication strategies.
- Daniel Knotts will be CEO. Knotts has served as RRD’s chief operating officer since January 2013, a role that includes responsibility for RRD’s global business performance inclusive of sales, marketing, operations, information technology, research and development, digital solutions, strategic sourcing and environmental, health and safety worldwide. He joined RRD in 1986 and has served in various capacities in operations, finance and sales management. Knotts holds an MBA from Ashland University and a BA from Kent State University.
- John Pope will be chairman of the board of directors. Pope is the chairman of PFI Group, a private investment company and served as president and COO of UAL Corp. and United Airlines. He has been chairman of Waste Management and MotivePower Industries. Pope has served on many public and private company boards including Con-Way Inc., Moore Wallace Inc., Kraft Foods Group, Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group and Navistar International Corp. Pope has been a director of RRD since 2004 and currently serves as its chairman and as a member of the Audit Committee.
Until the spinoff transactions are complete, the management structure of RRD will remain in place. The spinoff transactions are subject to certain conditions, including, among others, obtaining final approval from the board of directors of RRD, receipt of a favorable opinion and/or rulings from the Internal Revenue Service with respect to the tax-free nature of the transactions for U.S. federal income tax purposes and the effectiveness of the Form 10 filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
For more information, visit www.rrdonnelley.com.