Johnson Printing Takes Home Seven Print Industry Awards
Johnson Printing, a Denver-based printing and fulfillment company, is the recipient of seven prestigious print industry awards, including Best of Show. These are awarded by Printing Industries of America Mountain States in recognition of quality printing in five categories including packaging, self advertising, brochure, saddlestitch and pocket folder. The award ceremony was held on April 8 at the Grizzly Rose in Denver.
“These awards recognize the outstanding examples of craftsmanship and quality in the print industry. Over 100 submissions were reviewed in Portland, OR by an unbiased, third-party. Johnson Printing represented some of the highest quality work in the Mountain States,” said Sandi Neuman, president and CEO of Printing Industries of America Mountain States.
Johnson Printing was among 14 other companies throughout Wyoming and Colorado that submitted a combined total of 100 entries into “Best in the West Print Showdown.”
Johnson Printing received the following awards:
• Best of Show for the Devotchka Deluxe CD Holder: This piece was designed by Greg Carr and utilized Johnson Printing for a four-color print, soft touch aqueous coating, die cut for the zoetrope, and French fold.
• Award of Excellence for the Devotchka Deluxe CD Holder
• Gold in Packaging for Devotchka Deluxe CD Holder
• Silver in Saddlestitched Booklet for the Denver Merchandise Mart 2011 Calendar. The calendar was designed by Nina Knef and printed with a four color print and satin aqueous coating by Johnson Printing.
• Bronze in Brochure for The Nagel Hall Art Collection at the University of Denver booklet. This 74-page booklet was designed by Mary Junda and printed with a four color print and satin aqueous coating by Johnson Printing.
• Bronze in Self Advertising for the Denver Merchandise Mart Birdseye View Brochure. The brochure was designed by Tom Gilboy and received a four color print by Johnson Printing with a satin aqueous coating, die cut for brochure cover, and hand folded.